Wednesday, March 01, 2006

QOTD: your name

question of the day: when you google your name, what comes up? are there any results that are actually about you? what have other people who share your name done? (please be as anonymous as possible)

Googling my name results in close to 3 million hits....Pretty sure none of them are about me. Others with my name are award winning doctors, swimmers, radio persons, authors, and even one flyfishing expert..It has now become my goal to have at least one of the 3million about me..Thanks a lot question man, one more thing on my list of things to do before I die..

Someone who shares my name is a world expert, champion, and author at one of those crazy kids' card games.

I don't have any results that are actually about me (I try to keep everything on the downlow), but I have just found out that there's a women's shoe named after me! Imagine that! Question of the day has helped me realise my 15 minutes...

I get 1 result, as a result of being original webmaster of an organization. Theres no one who shares my name J

If I Google my married name, nothing comes up that is related to me. If I Google my maiden name there is a link to a website with pictures of our informal rehearsal dinner/barbeque from the night before our wedding. My husband’s cousin maintains a family website and Google pulls the information from there. Nothing like having the world to be able to see me sitting there chowing down with a plate full of food in just about every picture.

My name is more popular than I thought, but then again I am a “SuperStar”, so that would make perfect sense. There is a news anchor with my first name and a weatherman with my last name, on the same news show, who pop up a lot. Other than finding family members in local newspapers (graduations and such) I specifically do not appear, unless you look for criminal convictions. My fame has not yet caught up with me…

There is a person with my exact name that is a therapist or something with a PhD, and she has written many books. Sounds like a nerd with a ton of money. bummer for me.

apparently i was on the titanic, a baseball player, an actor, and a photographer.

only thing that comes up is a tribute i did for my relative who died on 9-11. nobody else in the world has my name-they mispelled our last name when my family came over from ellis island - so i truly am one of a kind!

lucky for me, my last name is pretty unique. There aren't any other people with my name in Google besides my dad. If I do it just on my name in quotes, I get a bunch of programming stuff I've contributed to places and a few magazine interviews I did several years ago on technology stuff. Using just my last name usually gets me some good stuff about my cousins, aunts, and uncles.

there are almost 400 results that are actually of me, across about 60 different sites. that makes me famous. *bows*

Nothing about me. My last name is a popular first and middle name, so It's just results where my name is incorporated as two parts to a three-part name. I assume that they are all assassins by trade, as we always know all three parts of an assassin's name.

There actually is one result that is about me. One of my classmates from college posted a research paper that we did on an underground coal mine fire in Centralia, PA (even though the town is abandoned, it's still a cool place to visit because there is smoke rising from cracks in the ground). The worst is the guy that used my name as a URL. He has one of those 'Get Rich Quick' schemes going on. I hate him and may have to bloody another one of my clown suits.

There's a bunch of articles about a serial rapist, but those are about me. The first few I get are about a musician, a rabbi, and a shoe designer. Sounds like the first line of a bad joke. No references to me, though.

so embarassing - this thing i wrote in high school - a sentence or two is posted on some environmental site, but the english is terrible. and nothing else really comes up. so if someone google'd me thinking i'm cool and wanted to see if i have published anything or won any awards - that won't be found -- but some dumb sentence i wrote in hs for homework will.

My picture at the post office, you know the wanted poster. Why do they put pictures in the post office anyway. Shouldn't they put them on a stamp so at least the carriers could see if they find a match

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family came over from Ellis Island? That must've been one heck of a ferry ride!!

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha good catch - i MEANT when my family came TO Ellis Island :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home