Thursday, February 16, 2006

QOTD: crushed

question of the day: according to the linked article, over half of the people who work in offices have had a crush on a coworker. Have you ever had a crush on a coworker, and if so, how did you handle it?
link to article

I’ve had one major work crush. I didn’t really do anything about it, so there was nothing to deal with. But I made it fun in my own way, I dressed up for work extra nice everyday (which was actually annoying cause I would wake up early to iron my clothes, straighten my hair, etc. and he probably never even noticed). And little things he said made me really happy. I had no expectations, just a silly office crush.

Yes. I asked the person to get together for a drink (after I had left the company). I think she thought I was nutz, considering while I worked at the place I said no more than two words to her. She never got back to me

i usually end up dating them

yes and I did nothing...

no offense to the ladies, but the IT field doesn't really draw a lot of hot young women

Yes, I have had a crush on a co-worker and I married him!

I personally do not find sheep attractive. Now I know in some cultures, they're considered sex objects....but I just don't get it...

Married her. Then 3 years later, divorced the bitch!

I never had one but we had a blood drive here when I first started and one of the nurses came up to me at the end of the day and gave me her number. I never called her and about a week later she ended up calling me which wa sodd because I never gave her my number. That crazy b#@%h got my info from my blood drive form. How wacked out is that? If anyone is desperate I know where she works.

Yeah, I've got a crush on a few of my co-workers. The way I handle it is to just not act on it. I'm not about to lose my job for a piece of ass. Next thing you know, I'm thumbing through the classifieds in prison...with my pants off.

I met my current girlfriend at my last job. It rocked until we both got laid off at the same time.

I slept with her, then had a threesome with her and my next girlfriend right after attending another coworkers wedding

I have had a crush on you for a long time. wink wink

I love you, [question asker]!!!!!!!

yes. haven't handled it very well at all, in my opnion.

uh, yeah... generally, i go ahead and dip the pen in the company ink. soooo much easier than talking to a straner. dating people you work with is a-ok in my book. the last two long term relationships i've had were with people i worked with, or met at the office, and both of those relationships lasted well over a year. if you're careful about it and have an understanding from the beginning that it is personal, and has nothing to do with work, you were just lucky to happen upon each other at work, it can totally work out. plus, it makes showing up to work worthwhile sometimes.

I asked her out, we dated. Later, I proposed to her, and she said yes. Had she been in the same department as I, I probably wouldn't have even gotten the ball rolling. At least when I die, I'll be able to say the company did something for me.

Yes. I asked her out. What other course of action is there? There seems to be some societal taboo about asking out co-workers, but you spend 40 hours a week around these people getting to know them, so why not? Better than meeting some stranger in a bar that is probably a complete psycho

does having sex in the storage closet count as a crush?

Yes, for a couple of them didn't open my mouth. For a couple of them, initiated it, hooked up and regretted it. But I will definitely do it again and again and again...

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My motto is never sh#t in your own back yard.
I had a big crush on the HR girl at one company. She had a body like a jungle gym (once you get on, you just don't want to get off). But to me, things can get too messy at the work place (no pun intended). I go to make money, not get stuck in drama and rumors. Besides, I was married at the time, so that was the main reason I didn't pursue.
Now if I had a job as PIMP, then fun in the office would be fine in my book... Otherwise, I stick with the motto..

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's HR girl's number?

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. If only I knew myself.. I love jungle gyms!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home