Monday, February 27, 2006

QOTD: 100th post!

question of the day: how much of the olympics did you watch? what were your favorite events, or what was the best/worst thing that happened this year? even more importantly, is it torino or turin?

I watched ALOT of the Olympics. I LOOOVE the Winter Games!!! I hate winter, which makes it kind of weird, but I'm an Olympic snowboarding JUNKIE, and I love the Alpine skiing. The worst thing was Bode Miller not getting a medal. The best thing was so many snowboarding medals and speedskating medals. I'm crazy for speedskating too. Is it torino or turin? I guess it depends on if you're American, 'cause I don't care.

Who cares, the Olympics is boring and these people train their whole lives for what, dancing on the ice. Imagine training your whole life dancing on the ice or better yet racing around in a circle on the ice. Bob wanna go out tonight, no, I gotta run around in a circle on the ice for 5 hours, I'm training for the Olympics. Who does this? and How do they make money to survive? Do people pay them to run around in circles? If they do I want that job, oh wait, I do get paid to run around in circles I work here. I wonder if that means that I qualify for the Olympics!

Did not watch any of the olympics.

xxxx: I'd like to see more sheep tossing....
me: thats in the summer
xxxx: well there was this one sport which used sheep and brooms.....kinda like curling

Watched only 1 night. In Italy it is Torino. In English; Turin.

i watched about 2 minutes of it - i was flipping the channels and witnessed "curling" for the first time - i couldn't believe that was actually an olympic sport. i think you guys should push to have cones as an olympic sport - takes more talent than curling.

Boarder cross is probably my favorite event to watch (after curling of course). The best and worst thing that happened this year is the same for me. It was hilarious to see Lindsay Jacobellis fall and lose the gold because she was hotdogging on the last jump, but at the same time, it reflected negatively on all Americans because we already have a bad reputation for showing off in sports.

40 minutes.
Curling: USA Vs CAN mens semi final and the closing ceremony.
Closing ceremony was cool, they were blowing air at upwards of 125MPH towards the sky and few artistis were floating in the air, doing snowboarding, stuff like that.
I think is torino

i watched a decent amount of the olympics. this one wasn't as exciting as i usually think they are. favorite event - speed skating (with 5 people). huuuuge ohno and red tomato fan. the worst is curling and the snowboarding girl who was winnign and decided to show off - fell than got silver (that's karma). and i like torino better than turin. aaand one more thing -- the whole chad/shawny fiasco was really interesting to watch.

I only watched a little. The figure skating was kewl, cause they were all bitchy and fallin and stuff. FUNNY!! Watched some snowboarding…the chics rock… The last event I watched was the skier tri-athalon. But only cause I thought that the addition sharp shooting to skiing is insane.

I flipped between olympics and my normal shows/I love speed skating, ice skating, and slalom/rivalry between Hedrick and Davis... and Sasha Cohen winning silver.

read more about them than I watched...favorite events were the ones where bode miller chugged beers before he raced...that has gotta be the best and worst part of the olympics. Torino has too many vowels and is not associated with a shroud of any kind...not even a hankerchief or a pair of suspenders....in my opinion torino is just way in over it's head trying to compete with turin.

Torino! Surprisingly I watched quite a bit. The high-def TV made it really fun to watch. I liked the snowboarding events the best. The snowboarding supercross (I don't know what the real name of the event is) was my favorite. I also really liked watching the short track speed skating relay races. That event is just pure chaos. I think I'm going to check out Canada in 4 years.

bodemillerisafatjerk.com

I watched some of the skating cuz some of those chicks are hot. Although, I don't consider any of the winter olympic events an actual sport except for hockey. On Turin vs. Torino, I'm not sure. It sounds like a marketing ploy to me but I guess the locals do call it "Torino." But then again, the summer olympics a few years ago in Atlanta were not called the "Dirty South" olympics.

I'm a big Olympic fan so I spent a lot of time watching the games. Speedskating, Snowboard Cross, the Biathlon and the Luge were some of my favorite events. There were some really dissapointing aspects to these games. Bode Miller was just a joke which will soon be forgotten, the beef between the American speedskaters was completely overblown, and what was up with those opening ceremonies? Overall, I'm bummed it's over but I do look forward to Vancouver 2010.

I watched a little here and there. The short track speed skating was cool. I was hoping to catch some of the freestyle skiing and snowboarding, but missed that. Women's ice hockey is a joke. Ice dancing is ridiculous. The worst was when the American girl had the lead in snowboarding and fell and lost the race. And, finally, it's not called the Shroud of Torino.

It's Torino. The host country should get to choose. I watched some Olympics every day. Bode Miller's attitude and behavior were disgusting, as was the whole Chad Hedrick/Shani Davis feud. The Olympic spirit is a real thing, and a good standard to live up to. Lindsay Jacobellis' method air cost her the gold, but the worlds of snowboarding and the Olympics have only just come together... it will take time for everyone to adjust. Lindsay feels bad enough, I'm sure. On the positive side, Shani Davis broke another color barrier. The Flying Tomato won with style and his own brand of class. Michelle Kwan did the right thing in dropping out. Apolo Anton Ohno embodied all that's good with the Olympics, regardless of the fact that NBC gave him waaaaaaaaay too much air time. The whole American winter Olympic "effort" needs to take a hard look at itself if we want to stay competitive going forward. Too many skiers failing to finish, to many off-the-field incidents. And no more professional athletes!

i didn't really watch it, wanted to see curling but always missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home