Wednesday, February 22, 2006

QOTD: influences

question of the day: what was the first cassette/cd/lp you bought with your own money?

I think it was a cassette of Tina Turner; don't remember which one.

Peter Frampton Live

U2's Unforgettable Fire. Best investment ever.

Pink Floyd the Wall

8 Track: Dark Side of the Moon

Billy Joel, Glass Houses.

I was 9 years old, in 4th grade and I bought Run DMC - King of Rock.

LP - Disco Disney, Cassette - Thriller, CD - Sgt. Pepper

quiet riot, Metal Health

i'm not completely certain, but my guess would be debbie gibson or tiffany

Synchronicity - The Police

cassette - mc hammer. cd - portishead/dummy. lp - cub/box of hair

Van Halen-1984, I’m showing my age by saying this, but my mother was mortified that her 9 year old bought a cassette with an angel holding a pack of smokes on the cover.

I remember having a Stevie Wonder 45--Sir Duke/ I Wish. My older sister already had some good albums, so there was no need to double-buy. The first casssette I bought was probably Rolling Stones' Tattoo You. First CD.... It was a group of 4 that I bought with my first CD player back in 1989. I remember Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever and the first Georgia Satellites album. I forget the other two.

Hall & Oates. Private Eyes.

Hmm…you know, I really don’t remember. But I know the Eye of the Tiger album was in there somewhere. Oh yeah, and the Go Go’s. Those were good times!

My first 8 track was …. It was probably a tape of Journey.

I was very fortunate to have older siblings who had awesome taste in music so I never bought my own when I was young. Eventually I was sucked-in by the rising popularity of grunge and "alternative" music so one day I ran out and bought the Stone Temple Pilots' Purple album on cassette. I was 14. It was a great day.

I think the first cassette was "Are you down with this Sheep?" by quarmy redcoat. If you haven't heard it....you're missing out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home