Tuesday, February 28, 2006

QOTD: this is a generic question

question of the day: what products or items do you never buy generic, and what products or items do you always buy generic?

I NEVER buy peanut butter, eggos, or girlie products in the imposter generic versions....however, saline solution and pain killers are all gens. Guess we know where my priorities are...

Toilet paper should never be generic unless you have a peverse love for sandpaper. As for what's always generic: butter. Who cares where the congealed fat comes from anyway? I'm not paying an extra $3 for some american indian chick sittin' in the sun...

I LOOOOVE generic products. I'm VERY cheap. I will buy generic toilet paper and ALL paper products, I buy generic soda, generic food, generic medication like CVS Sudafed knockoff and generic prescriptions! I would NEVER buy generic toothpaste because I like the flavor of Crest with Scope, I think generic Motrin has a funny taste so I don't buy that, and I won't buy generic feminine products because I just won't.

Sometimes crappy potato chips are really good potato chips in disguise.

Never generic: condoms Always generic: hookers

i never buy generic make-up, shampoo, etc., or some food, and i buy generic on most everything else so long as the product works the same.

I never buy generic crack. Always get the brand-name stuff.

Wool, rack of lamb, no no's

I always buy generic toiletries and paper goods because that stuff is expensive and I can't tell the difference anyway. Most foods, I buy brand name except for condiments and things like that. I get my bloody clown suits at wholesale prices, in case you were curious.

never buy generic shampoo and most foods -- i like certain brands and not willing to save .20 on something to have the lower quality. but generic paper towels, light bulbs. i dunno - this is a weird question.

I try to never buy generic questions of the day... but they keep winding up in my IM

I always buy name brand electronics and appliances. I don't really trust "Goldstar" or "AKIA" for my entertainment needs. For supermarket items, I buy mostly generic. Only a few items like soft drinks or windex are name brands. I've tried the generic equivalents and they sucked.

If the name fits, wear it…Generic prescription drugs, eggs, milk, butter.. Otherwise you get what you pay for. Once in awhile, I will find a product with a generic name, that is actually made by a high end manufacturer or clothing company.

Every time I go "generic" I am disappointed in the quality. I buy almost nothing generic. Friends always say to me things like "ibuprofen is ibuprofen, so why pay more for Advil." But that's not really true. Yes, the ibuprofen is the same in both, but its the filler/binder that is different. Although, some supermarket brands which were once considered generic are now name brands of their own. For instance, I do buy the 365 brand for a lot of products. That's the generic Whole Foods brand.

i don't like generic tires

Never generic: Heinz Ketchup, Bounty paper towels, Charmin or Cottonielle toilet paper and Windex. When my husband first moved in with me while we were dating I learned the hard way and had the Acme brand ketchup called Finest. To this day I still have to hear, “Fine-assed what is this crap? Is it the fine-assed ketchup money can buy?! I want Heinz!” Generic: Some cleaning products like Clorox wipes. I love store brand cereals, oh and paper plates too.

I never buy prescriptions drugs that are generic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home