Wednesday, February 15, 2006

QOTD: what do you mean, i'm not famous?

question of the day: have you ever met a famous person? if so, what was it like?

Met a couple but my favorite was the following: I was in Denny's when Ice-T came in. He sat two tables away from me. He was sitting there with his guitarist and someone else. The restaurant was buzzing a bit (it was right around the time of Cop Killer). He ordered a breakfast meal and a strawberry shake. Then there is a pause in the conversation and Ice-T said, "I can't believe I'm in fxxxing Denny's!" Hysterical

I'm....I'm famous....and I meet myself everyday. Come to think of it....I'm kinda sick of myself and so are the sheep. They just want me to go back to the way I use to be before that documentary came out called "The wool we choose"

i think i've only met one and he's not even that famous. ajay naidu (sameer naienanajaaran from office space). he was at some lounge i was at - friend of a friend. i was totally star stuck - young and stupid. he was nice and insanely high. he also had lots of weird things with him - such as some indian herbs. i wasn't sketched out - i just thought it was strange...cause who carries that stuff around with them?

Back in 1992 I was on a car rental bus w/ Dennis Hopper. He was there with his trophy wife and young son. I was surprised he was taking a Hertz rental car.

I once met the founders of Cones. They were dicks.

Close, I got a real good look at Nicholas Cage's Bentley. The whole trunk was filled with a sound system. The car had been in an accident in California, was trucked to New Jersey for repair. And we know the owner of the repair shop.

I met Bono in Pittsburgh one time. It was OK…I don’t really go out of my way to meet famous people, but the person I was with hauled ass as soon as he learned that Bono had entered the building. He was nice enough. Pretty short…tall boots!

Gov. Whitman Twice (Big deal). An actor from the original Star Trek Pilot. He got killed off. When I asked him he he was the actor in Star Trek he yelled at me, "I don't want to talk about it", and stormed out of the bar!

Haven't physically met any, but have been in casual settings with many at parties. Just seeing them in a casual, non "spotlight" settings was good enough for me. You don't want to be that "crazy autograph person".

I met the WWF wrestler Bam Bam Bigelow at Great Adventure, but it was quick, so there was no awkwardness. I met John The Stutterer from the Howard Stern show (if you can even call him famous) on the street in Philly after a crazy night of partying. I remember nothing of what I said to him. When I was in Vegas, I went out to dinner with Christina from The Real World Paris. She was a really cool chick. And last, but not least, I worked with Ryan Dunn at this welding place for 2 years while I was in college. He's was on Jackass, Viva La Bam and even had his own show on MTV recently called Homewrecker. It's weird to see one of your friends on TV, while you're sitting at home, eating fig newtons...with your pants off.

At backstage 'meet and greets'. Just a few quicks words while they signed a cd... not like we talked at length and I'm on a first name basis with them. I've met Aimee, Sarah and Tori. No Ani, she wouldn't come off of her bus.

the rock and roll Meatloaf. I was back stage looking thru the curtains. He was playing the drums and his sweat was spraying all over me!!!!! I always wondered what the crowd was thinking with me and the curtin wrapped aroung my head directly behind Meatloaf!!! There was about 40 cartains of beer and the smell of pot was so bad I got high just breathing it!!!

sat next to Oliver Platt, he is huge and fat, almost ran over Julia Stiles....but didn't luckily, Played softball with Matthew Broderick, very down to earth and nice guy, George Stephanopulous likes to talk loudly on his phone. met other slew of global celebrities...but my life still sucks

*looks in mirror*…yes, i have. it was fun.

i was on a 12 hour flight with my favorite band ever and stood directly behind them in line for customs, but i was too nervous (and tired!) to say anything to them. i also sold cigarettes to one of the guys in ween a bunch of times, his mom came in the store once looking for a magazine because her son was on the cover and she was all excited.

a few....Joe Montana was a really cool guy. Sinbad was an arrogant ahole. Ken Griffey Jr. was pretty cool too

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's your cousin's phone number?

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Met a bunch of Eagles players when I was young, but never followed the game; saw Dave Chapell in his Bentley in Midtown; ran into Bam and the gang in the Palasades Mall during their shoot; bunch of models (dated one); close friend is an American Eagle model and seen all over Teen magazine; ran into John Makinrow (the angry tennis guy) a bunch of times a couple years ago (had to explain to him that I wasn't stalkin him); installed Michael Andretti's phone system, but only met his wife ($%^&*@# HOT!!); met John Mayer, the guys from Better Than Ezra and a bunch of other band guys; I think that is it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home