Thursday, February 23, 2006

QOTD: good vs. evil

question of the day: would you do something bad to accomplish something good? for example, if you could go back in time to kill Hitler as a baby, would you?

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

If Back to the Future taught us anything, it should be that you never mess with time - no matter how much good you think you're doing. Poor Michael J. Fox...

i would definately do something bad for the greater good. but if its for the greater good, is it really bad? i don't think so. plus, i tend to be more collective than individualistic by nature - so if something needs to be done to, i'm all about it. if everyone was worried about doing the right thing - half the countries in the world would probably still be under british and french rule - cause no one wanted to "break the law" and stand up for their rights (and that's just one example).

my initial thought would be yes, but have you seen the movie 'the butterfly effect'? sometimes making a change for what you think is the better makes everything so much worse - so if i was guarenteed no bad would come from doing it, then heck yeah i would kill baby Hitler!

yes

Well, that's why I kill babies now, to prevent the next Hitler from growing up. And do you know what's worse than killing a baby?? Getting the blood stains out of my clown suit...

When you say Hitler, I assume you mean [coworker]. The answer is yes, I'd take him out in a heartbeat.

I would not kill Hitler as a baby....It would depend on how bad the thing would be. I would not rat out a friend for money....I would not kill someone.....I would punch [question asker] in the stomach for a penny though.

i don't think so because by doing so you run the chance of causing even something more horrific. Your actions may in turn cause, say for example, the deaths of your parents which inturn would make you non- existent. So don't mess with stuff or you may die. everything happens for a reason and there are always other ways of getting things done.

This topic was already covered in a Twilight Zone. "Cradle of Darkness". http://www.spug.net/showthread.php?t=68634

It I couldn’t get caught and suffer any repercussions, then yes. Otherwise no. I wouldn’t fare well in jail.

Nope. Good and Bad are relative to current-culture-time-law-apathy-sympathy levels and historical precedence

hmmmm... are we talking good for me? or good for society? it's hard to say, you caught me feeling selfish today. i suppose i have done things that were good for me and not good for someone else... like work the system to get a better job (not this one), but in general, if i can do something good, i would...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home