Wednesday, March 15, 2006

QOTD: you are such a winner

question of the day: have you ever won anything?

I just won the lottery so I am outta here. SCREW YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won some old navy Gift Certif for being the last holding soem ball at trenton thunder game

i won a TiVo at a conference last year... i turned around and sold it to someone else because i didn't think i needed tivo. i regret that. i should have kept it. i also won a bunch of stuff on a game show once.

I won shepherd of the month back in college for digging the irrigation ditch and moving a heard from canada to brazil.

Sure, I won an Academy Award contest a local paper sponsored. I won a team shirt, free movie tickets, and some other junk. I picked the correct movie in 24 of the 25 categories.

At my old job I once won the NCAA tournament pool and the 3rd quarter and final of the Super Bowl pool. I also once competed in the Dizzy Bat competition at a Trenton Thunder game. My friend and I won, and our prize was a free oil change at a local garage.

A pair of tickets to the “Movies at Midnight” like 17 years ago…how depressing!! Thanks for reminding me just how old I really am!!

A few sporting championships here and there, tickets to the premiere of the Howard Stern movie and depending on how you define "winning," I won some gonorrhea this one time. I had that burning feeling that you get when you win something.

no - i have the absolute worst luck. wait, one time i won a goldfish at a carnival and it died the next day. again, worst luck.

I've won concert tickets twice from radio stations. In elementary school, I won a $15 prize for a contest to see whose helium balloon traveled the furthest and had the card returned. So, I've never really won anything terribly exciting.

i won the middlesex county teen arts festival for photography

yea - some bad luck in life

Ok yes but it's bittersweet, so here's my story, sad but true...I've won a couple of [work related] awards...but I think someone was being real shady. I tore those things apart each time and do you think there was a caramel coated popcorn and peanut treat?...much less a surprise?? I give you a resounding NO! I'm sure this criminal mastermind is enjoying their ill gotten gains somewhere on a yacht in the caribbean...but I try not to be too bitter..at least i still have my dignity.

I won $50 playing blackjack on my 21st birthday. Other than my first-place showing in the jump-roping contest in 1st grade, that’s about it. Oh wait…and Clutch/Slayer tickets in college. Wow…I feel like such a winner now.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won an office pool once (or thought I did). I even got the $50 but then a counting-challenged coworker recalculated and took my winnings away.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aside from the movies at midnight passes long ago in a galaxy far far away...I forgot that I won a gift certificate for 2 at a murder mystery dining theatre for solving the original murder at the first dinner. Only problem was that the food wasn't that good and also 2 hours away. Not worth the second trip..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home