Monday, August 28, 2006

QOTD: lies lies lies

question of the day: what is something you were told as a child that as you grew older, you discovered to be false? (such as: "if you keep making that face your face will freeze like that!”)

My Mom used to tell me that “hate is a very strong word.” While she’s technically correct, here and there I have found cases where it’s not strong enough. Perhaps, this is a bit pessimistic, but it is a rainy Monday. OK, fine, she’s totally right. But still…

i will turn blind

if you swallow gum it will stick to your insides

There are nine planets in our solar system.

That "you shouldn't take drugs because drugs are bad, 'mkay?"

That I was adopted [done to keep me from making un-reasonable demands]

if you keep playing with that, you'll go blind!

if i ate all my carrots I'd have good eye sight. glasses and contact suck!

something about hairy palms....

eating watermellon seeds will make a watermellon grow in our stomachs.

1) An apple a day keeps the dentist away. 2) If you sit too close to the TV, your brain will rot. 3) A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. 4) The tooth fairy and Hannukah Harry don't actually exist. 5) Everything you need to know you learn in kindergarten.

that everything is in God's hands - its not, its in our own.

Sandy Claws and the Ether Bunny.

I'd go blind

My palms will get hairy

you grow hair on your palms if you....

ummmm...that if i whack off too much, my hands will get hairy and i will go blind.....

Top 10 Things Told that are WRONG
10) Father did not walk 12 miles uphill in the snow to school, each way, barefoot
9) Money does indeed grow on trees, if one invests in Tropicana
8) There is no Uncle Snerd. He will not come if I don't clean my room
7) I'm not really Polish, just really stupid (it's the thought that counts..love you dad)
6) That old '81 AMC Concord will not be worth money some day
5) Uncle Ron is not big boned. He really is fat
4) Substituting CRISCO for butter is not healthier, it's worse, and IS very noticible in baking
3) I will not and did not loose my hair
2) Carob does not taste like chocolate..it's disgusting
And #1
YOU WILL NOT GO BLIND ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home