Wednesday, August 16, 2006

QOTD: first dates

question of the day: what was your first ever date and how did it go?

it was ok. it was on vacation with the family, i went out to the movies when they thought i was out with my friend

i was in 6th grade...Think we went to the movies. it went very well...I was the biggest stud in the school.

I have blocked it out of my memory.

I'm going to guess the number of responses with words to the effect of "it was your mom and I nailed her".... Five.

my first "date" was to the movies. we saw armageddon. it went well. neither of us could drive so my cousin and her coworker (who were on a date) picked us up and dropped him off somewhere...we were just driving and he says...this is fine.. but we were in the middle of no where. so weird.

i went to see groundhog day with louie galasso. he was small and weird, and it was more of a group date thing because i think i was in 5th grade and wouldnt have been allowed to go otherwise. thank god nothing awful happened, because i love groundhog day, and it would be a travesty if that movie was ruined by a shitty date.

does stalking count?

it was a movie date, can't remember the movie, with a few other friends in 5th grade. three couples i think. Basically was a make out session in the movie theater. First real kiss, she was a well matured 5th grader who had a mouth full of braces. Pretty good time. I hit a triple on my next date. Flew passed second. Crazy kids.

After show and tell, we took a little walk down to the sandbox. The sunlight was shining in her hair and the smell of paste was still on her lips. Ahhh, kindergarten was a very special time in my life.

I honestly don’t remember. As a matter of fact I don’t think there was ever the official “guy coming to the door to pick me up and Dad waiting with a shotgun” scenario. I grew up in the middle of nowhere and we usually hung out at other peoples houses since it took 45 minutes to get to the movies.

I was never chauffeured around by mom to pick up a girl for a 'date'. So I guess I'm a loser and my dates all happened when I started driving. I asked her out in the school library, and we went out. It was either dinner and a movie or dinner and bowling. It ended early in the night, but we went out again and again. I think that usual "3rd date" event was on date 18 or something. I'd like to meet up with her again in the future, to show her how good I got.

I was eighteen, my brother got me a prostitute. My brother tips well, so the date ended as a huge success!

Her name was Angela and it was one of the last days of life in middle school, the 8th grade. I always kinda liked her and finally musted up the guts to ask her out, knowing that this was my last chance. She was to move away that summer. On somewhat of a double date, we went for pizza and played some Frisbee in the park. No first kiss, but still would say it was a pretty successful first date for the awkward pre-high school student I was then. We hung out alittle on different occasions after that. We never kept in touch after she moved, with the exception of a card that she mailed later that summer. Life is full of many opportunities, if you have the courage to step up to bat. That is what that date taught me.

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was pretty awesome after we settled on the terms. i would have liked to see her again, but money was short at the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home