Wednesday, December 28, 2005

96 emails in my inbox


I’m down to only 96 emails in my Inbox.  This is quite an accomplishment.  I had 872 emails this morning when I started the “cat process.”  Of course, by “cat process,” I mean the decision to either label an email and file it away (categorizing it) or purging it to the deleted items folder (like a cat coughing up a hair ball).

Of these 96 emails left, they each contain at least one thing that I have to do for work.  I’m not positive at this moment in time that I’ve finished 96 things in my entire life up to this point.  I’m sure that I must have but that seems like an awfully big number to me.

One time when I was in college, we actually sat and licked away the lollipop portion of a tootsie pop.  It took 82 licks.  That’s a lot of licks.  But it’s not 96.  What was really interesting about that, should you ever attempt it, is that around 50 or so licks, the lollipop must have been all heated up.  It just started dripping lollipop juice all over the place.

Oh wait, two more emails came in.  Message from my boss about something I already emailed him the answer to… delete.  My girlfriend giving me crap about not going out on New Year’s eve (c’mon, the giants game starts at 8pm).  Thinking about a reply… Better just delete that one.

I’m back to 96 emails in my Inbox.

I’d write more about this… but five more emails just came in.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home