Thursday, December 15, 2005

QOTD: memory

question of the day: what is your earliest memory?

My grandmother taking me on the NY Subway

my earliest memory is hanging out with my dad in washington state where we used to live (and wish i still did). he was sodding the yard, and he let me think i was helping by riding on the tool that you use to even out the dirt. i hung out, riding along all day long while he pulled this giant piece of wood with me sitting on it. i was 4 years old. we took a nap on the couch together after. it was awesome.

I'm 4 years old and I'm helping my dad shovel our driveway. I walked behind him and he cracked me full force in the face with his shovel. I've never seen that much blood in my entire life, which is why the memory probably stuck with me.

getting thrown down my basement steps by my brother when i was around 6 months old

I remember being dropped down the stairs when I was 2.

I was swimming and swimming. There were millions of us. The farther I swam, the less of us there were. I finally made it to this giant egg, and had to burrow my way in. I did it! I was the first one. All that arrived after me died, but I survived.

Very early actaully... laying in my crib hoping my mom would come in to get me.

probably the day i got my first dog - or perhaps the last day i would ever see my grandfather alive - i remember visiting him in the hospital - no other memories of him.

Getting a Mickey Mouse alarm clock from my dad

when i was 3 my mom had cancer, and i remember going to the hospital to visit her, and i especially remember the rainbow colored banners in the restaurant area, and the huge open ceiling.

I guess my first memory is getting a Superman Big Weels for my 4th birthday.

Probably my parents telling me that they were getting divorced. It's not as sad as it sounds. I was so young at the time, I dont ever remember a time when they were together.

my sister (me: what about her?) I have to be careful here, remember, ix nae on the im ae

i have random memories between the ages of 3 and 5 - i remember one time, my uncle took me to the mall - and bought me in insane candle that cost 30 dollars...and back in the 80s that was serious bling bling to spend on a kid who probably didn't realize it was a candle...i also used to go outside and feed cheese slices to squirrels...and also occasionally coke the grass - i felt bad that they only got water, so i'd go dump a can of coke in the grass...and i also remember leaving kay bee toy stores with two huuuuuge bags of toys and thinking to myself...god, its good to be spoiled

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home