Thursday, February 09, 2006

QOTD: company for sale

question of the day: the sale! how will this affect you and your job? is this a good thing? will anything change?

i don't appear to be as worried as other people...It could be a good thing because i thought [company] did not treat us too great. Yes, things will change..hopefully, for the better

no clue - this could be great or we could almost all lose our jobs. luckily we have a little bit of time to sort thru things, but i don't think i'm going to stick around till the end to find out.

Whooptido

of course, whoever buys the company will try to restructure it. but first...they will fire this dude who annoys everyone and wastes company time by asking QOD

A new company will probably want more automation than what we have now. The good news is that there will be jobs available to teach the robots to surf the internet, gravitate toward free food, and smoke out back.

Don’t know how it will affect my job. Could be good, or it could be bad, but I am still concerned. I think the sale overall is a good thing. As far as things changing, I think it really depends on who buys us.

I'm worried how this might affect "cones"

its still too much information for me to really realize what all this means at this point. i don't know if it will really affect my job - and quite honestly, i don't know if i care - cause i'm young enough and in a position to easily find something else if need be. i don't think the change is good -- cause we are being sold - its not like someone saw the potentional in [company] and offered [company] a bid for us. i think the change may be fine and good for a lot of people...but not me, cuase i came on thinking i was working for [company]. the name meant something to me.

I would check to see if Wawa will take you back...The good news is that these things tend to be motivating... like in, get you're resume polished up...the nice thing is that even if there were cuts we probably have at least 6 months before anything happens. that's a nice chunk of time to get your ass in gear and to see what else is out there.

It really depends who picks us up on what will change....I'm hoping coppertone will acquire us...my dream will then be still alive to be the offical dude who rubs suntan lotion on the coppertone models

I don't think that our jobs will be affected by the sale as far as our day-to-day tasks are concerned, assuming that our jobs aren't cut. I can definitely see this as a good thing, since we don't really fit well with the [other companies]. Maybe if we find a better fit with a new company, we will be seen as the focus/future of this new company rather than as a dead weight, which could lead to more revenue. Things that I can see changing are: our location, our benefits and possible downsizing, but let's try to remain positive here people...oops, I forgot, you're all cynical...

Well, considering this is not my primary job.....I'll be fine. The Sheep might get more attention which will make them very happy, but we'll see

if we get bought by a regular company, fine. if we get bought by a competitor, whats to stop them from shutting us down?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home