Monday, October 16, 2006

QOTD: best show ever

question of the day: what has been the best concert you've been to and what made it so great?

Rage Against The Machine, The Wetlands, 1992, good Lord.

i'd have to say madonna this past summer because i have been a lifetime fan and i was able to get third row seats and they were amazing!

motorhead/dio/iron maiden. i was drunk and got to see ronny james dio. definitely a great day. we almost got arrested a few times. i stepped in human feces

John Mayer/Sheryl Crow was awesome because we had really close seats.... but the Everclear/Matchbox 20 concert was equally as awesome. Tied.

new kids on the block. they sang my favorite song. You Got It (The Right Stuff)

It's tough to decide between Air Supply and Kool and the Gang. Air Supply had more hits, but Kool and the Gang had a much more energetic crowd.

311...becuase they kick ass

Bon Jovi-Giants Stadium, July 2001. A beautiful summer night, not too hot, not too cold. I was newly single after being dumped by my boyfriend of 5 years. Went to the concert with a friend from work and an old friend came down to visit who I hadn’t seen in 4 years. We had plenty of beer and such to enjoy the evening. It was just a fantastic time all around. They played a great set, I was just drunk enough without being too sloppy. It was one of those nights that I didn’t have high expectations for and it ended up being amazing.

The best concert that I ever went to was my second Lollapalooza. It was at Randall's Island in NY, I think it was in 1996. Snoop Dogg, Korn and Tool were the headliners. During Tool, I crowd-surfed to the front and got dumped over the front fence, and ended up right in front of the stage. The stadium is outdoors, so the ground is all dirt and during Korn, there was a crazy mosh pit in the dirt. I saw an interview on MTV with Korn later that week and the band members themselves said it was the best show on the tour. They gave us props for moshing in the dirt cloud.

Grateful Dead, probably because I don't remember it all. LIVE is a good concert too, I do remember those though.

the flaming lips. you can't beat fake blood, confetti, and people in rabbit suits in the audience. also probably the loudest concert i've ever been to.

Out of the 40 or 50 bands I've seen live, I think it would have to be the Dave Mathews concert back in 98 (or 99..). It was my first arena concert and at my favorite stadium, the Vet (80k screaming fans).. Dave was at the plateau of his career (I would say) and had Santana open up for him. Santana had just released his Supernatural album, which for that moment still had not gained popularity. As a result, we got into the stadium w/out a huge line, as very few were trying to jump on the band wagon for our Spanish rock god. My bro was still with his first wife, pregnant, and I was pretty much a newly wed myself. I think it was the only time those ladies were collectively nice to us in public, so that made the event even better.
Second was BB King, just a couple of months ago down in Trenton. BB is the man..

Phish 8/9/98. Terrapin encore, Jerry's b-day. Amazing energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home